Not a typical kids’ martial arts class!
T.A.G. Muay Thai offers the best martial arts program for children in the Northern Virginia area ⎯Kids’ MMA!
This is not a typical kids’ mixed martial arts (MMA) class. We have the best certified coaches in the business who have extensive experience working with kids, including a fourth-grade school teacher and a summer camp director who manages more than 200 kids who are studying to become teachers.
We offer numerous self-defense workshops, host multiple competitions and organize many events. More importantly, we know how to make adjustments to enhance every child’s potential, based on his or her age, skill level and temperament.
We’ve trained kids who are legally blind, troubled kids whose memberships were paid by the state, kids with ADHD and others. Martial arts training can be extremely beneficial for children with special needs ⎯ and for their families!
Children between the ages of 4 and 12 can learn an ancient martial art that is practical for self-defense. Young students gain self-confidence, learn discipline and respect, and get in shape while having fun!
The Kids’ MMA program correlates with our adult Muay Thai programs. Everything kids learn will apply toward the adult curriculum, which helps them on their journey to obtain rank and make a smooth transition into our Phase 1 Fundamentals class.
If you are looking for your children to be challenged physically and mentally and to learn an ancient martial art that’s practical for self-defense, then look no further. Contact us today to get started! Please fill out the form below to receive more information about the gym and to schedule your first class ASAP!
“We brought our daughter in for private training and for the kids’ classes while we were visiting from out of town. The training was excellent, well organized and well executed. The drills for the kids are at an advanced level and keep them engaged and excited. All the coaches have specialties and are very active in the children’s classes. Kru Chris has assembled an amazing team. Can’t wait to come back in the summer.”
- Kids’ MMA tuition is $139.00/month.
- We require a minimum of a three-month subscription.
- You can cancel within 30 days.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
- Send email@example.com an email or fill out the FREE Trial box below and Kru Chris will contact you to set up a day and time for you to come out!
Michael & Sons SportsPlex at Dulles
21610 Atlantic Blvd. (2nd floor)
Sterling, VA 20166
Kids’ MMA classes are held every Tuesday and Thursday from 6 to 7 p.m.
“I have four members of my family currently enrolled with TAG. We have been there for almost a year. My three kids have really improved their skills, and we have noticed they are more confident and respectful. My husband also takes adult classes, which he really enjoys. Overall, we have had a great experience, and the coaches are great with the kids.”
- Please arrive 15 minutes before class to fill out a liability form. Your child will be assigned a coach to teach him or her basic Thai culture and etiquette, the Muay Thai stance, basic strikes and movement. Once your child has a basic understanding, he or she will then be moved to a classroom setting with other MMA students.
- In a typical class, we have a 1:8 coach-to-student ratio. In addition to the coaches, experienced students in the class will assist any students who are new to Muay Thai to make them feel at home. There will be light contact to learn distance, timing and body placement with multiple training partners. The links below will tell you more about what to expect.
- Students will have an opportunity in class to practice drill techniques and combinations in front of an instructor. Any necessary adjustments and corrections will be made during class so the student can get proper repetitions to create muscle memory.
- Please note that T.A.G. Muay Thai is not a daycare center. And we don’t hand out belts for money. Kids earn them.
- Watch this: https://youtu.be/NPVjdcG_FCs
- Read this: http://tagmuaythai.com/first-muay-thai-class/
If you are looking for a place where your child can fight a heavy bag or follow a cardio routine, this isn’t the gym for you. Muay Thai is a contact sport. What separates T.A.G. Muay Thai from other gyms is that our students have self-discipline and control to not hurt each other. They apply proper resistance and pressure to test one another to make sure the technique works. Are they perfect? No. They miss a block and get hit in the face ⎯ it’s training. It is a learning experience, and our students aren’t purposely trying to hurt one another. There are 13 belt ranks for T.A.G. Kids’ MMA students, from the lowest to the highest level of skill:
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL:
Please call (703) 650-9300 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free trial to get the best Muay Thai training and MMA training in Sterling, Virginia, and the surrounding areas!
“High-quality instruction with an excellent student/teacher ratio. Students are broken out by age and capability to ensure everyone is receiving quality education and being appropriately challenged. The children are learned an art that is applicable to true self-defense, and the sparring exhibitions provide the opportunity to apply lessons learned.”